With the rapid changes technology brings to everything from the jobs market to how we consume and experience entertainment, teachers everywhere are tasked with preparing students for an unknown future. On August 25th, we will be supporting Banora Point Public School Principal, Paul Taylor's vision to tackle this tough subject!
The latest installment of the massively popular iOnTheFuture learning event will see Banora Point High School hosting over 500 teachers from over 100 NSW schools. Focusing on student ownership of and purpose for learning as the drivers of student engagement, iOnTheFuture 5 will feature live on stage some of the most significant and progressive educators from across the globe. Some of the key activities taking place throughout the day include::
- Understanding the latest developments around automation and impact of AI on the workplace from industry expert and Faethm CEO Michael Priddis
- Learning first hand from Mark Scott – NSW DoE Education Secretary – about NSW Public Schools' directions and their response to this rapidly developing issue
- Discovering how High Tech High CEO/Founder Larry Rosenstock is leading global innovation in schools and enabling his staff to empower HTH students to lead and fuel their learning and growth through rich, deep project-based learning
- Exploring the magnificent work Expeditionary Learning leads in developing future ready citizens via powerful student ownership of and purpose for authentic projects learning across 150 US schools from EL Director of Publications Libby Woodfin
- Dozens of rich workshops focusing on learning design, student-led assessment, project-based learning, STEM, collaborative practice, school design, robotics, and development of student character and much more.
- Hearing how Expeditionary Learning's Deeper Learning approach in Chicago's challenging Westside has inspired children to lead community change with award-winning principal Michelle Navarre. An incredible story like none other!
- Inspiration from Hewlett Foundation's Marc Chun; who will challenge all attendees to move to 'Deeper Learning' today to inspire a successful tomorrow
The future development of young people in our region is dependent on engaged, enthused and knowledgeable teachers. By supporting iOnTheFuture 5, we are hoping to do our bit to help!
Check out the review of last year's iOnTheFuture 4 conference hosted at North Turramurra Public School in 2016:
To find out more about this upcoming event, visit http://deeperlearning.com.au/